The AGENT™ Paclitaxel Drug Coated Balloon catheter, with its innovative TransPax™ coating technology1, provides a targeted, therapeutic dose of proven, anti-proliferative Paclitaxel to the lesion2. It was designed to minimise downstream particulates while maintaining the outstanding deliverability you’ve come to expect with Boston Scientific products.
Optimal dose of 2µg/mm2 compared to 3µg/mm2 of market leading DCBs efficiently achieves sustained benefits of Paclitaxel2 over time.
Optimized Drug Transfer
- TransPaxTM coating ensures targeted delivery of Paclitaxel†
- Optimal dose of 2 μg/mm2 compared to 3 μg/mm2 of market leading DCBs‡
- AgentTM DCB offers exceptional deliverability leveraging the EMERGETM PTCA Catheter:
- Designed to navigate and cross challenging lesions
- Ultra-low tip profile
- Bi-segment inner shaft: flexible distal segment and pushable proximal segment.
Enhanced Coating Integrity
- Balanced hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties of Trans PaxTM coating ensures balloon reaches the lesion with the optimal amount of drug for your patient.
- Fewer particulates are lost distally during the procedure
How it works*
Once the DCB has been deployed, the durable TransPax coating:
1. Ensures that a consistent drug dose is delivered to a lesion*
2. Binds with microtubules to inhibit proliferation of smooth-muscle cells*
3. Enables healing by selectively impacting cells that cause restenosis while allowing healing of endothelial cells*
Safety and performance*
Enhanced Coating Integrity*
Designed to improve coating durability and drug transfer efficacy, allowing for a lower dosage of Paclitaxel*
Optimized Drug Transfer°
Balanced hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties allow efficient drug transfer to the vessel wall
Minimized Systemic Loss
Less particulates and systemic loss while optimizing arterial tissue Paclitaxel levels.